Work with us
As the Visual Designer your role will be to tell the Fields of View story to the world! At Fields of View we do complex work, because wicked social problems need complex solutions. As the Visual Designer, your role will be to tell the story of our complex work in simple and engaging ways to the public. So, although the role is of a Designer, at Fields of View you will have the opportunity to learn about complex systems, policies and get an in-depth understanding of social development, so you can use your design skill set to communicate what you are learning to the outside world.
An in-house visual designer for Fields of View will work on visual content in both the digital and print medium. The in-house visual designer is expected to be able to draw out narratives from different projects and represent it in the visual medium. The designer must also be able to use visualisations to make sense of data, elucidate processes and represent systems. The primary aim is to reduce dependence on written form for better accessibility, considering the Indian context. Producing project specific visual content such as infographics, visualisations, web interfaces, dashboards, presentations and more.
Your strengths should lie in designing for storytelling, with an understanding of the social media world and how to leverage its relevance and power. Your knack in content creation and a strong instinct for breaking down and narrating in and around data for an information hungry, ever-evolving audience will be crucial, for this role.
Knowledge of print and web standards for handoff is a must. A working knowledge of Figma/Illustrator/Indesign/Photoshop is a must, but if you are more familiar with their open source alternatives, even better.
- Create visual content for digital and print medium
- Create data visualizations, infographics, dashboards to communicate complex public policy research studies
- Design external facing visual content, like posters, booklets, brochures, visiting cards, web presence, presentations
- Design assets for games, simulations and tools being built by us internally
Why Work at Fields of View
- We pride ourselves in building a collaborative and open environment around our work in building tools for inclusive public policy. This is your chance to become an addition to our coveted multidisciplinary team, that houses individuals from different backgrounds scaling from Journalism to Game Design to Law.
- We have collaborations with Indian and international universities, and you get access to cutting edge research in data and policy.
- Depending on your interest, you will contribute to research papers that will be published in major journals.
- Your work will contribute to real-world applications in addressing social problems.
Rs. 63,250 per month
How To Apply
If this sounds interesting or exciting to you, please write to email@example.com with your CV, design portfolio and a thoughtful cover letter stating why you want to work with us in this role.
- We will review your application and if we feel like it is a good fit for us, we will assign you a task. The assignment will involve a cross section of the kind of work you'll do with us. You take as much time as you want to complete the assignment, but we've noted that it takes on average about 7 days to finish.
- If we like your approach to the assignment, we invite you to spend 2 days with us in our office in Bangalore, so you can get to know our team and work culture. You will also be provided a follow-up task to be performed during those 2 days. Once this is done, and if you like us and we like you, we will extend an offer within a week's time.
- Fields of View is a non-profit organisation.
- The position is based in Bangalore
- Our office is in JP Nagar, close to Rangashankara