Work with us
As the UI/UX designer you will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our various digital tools and applications such as games and simulations that are based on the requirements of the different projects at FOV. The nature of our work means that projects span from complex simulations to data heavy interfaces to lightweight web apps. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimised for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. It would be of benefit if you have passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements
- Investigating user experience design requirements for our suite of digital assets
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Test for intuitivity and experience
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyse and predict user behaviour
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Wireframe.cc, Moqups, etc.)
- Knowledge of design tools such (e.g. Adobe suite [Photoshop, Illustrator], Figma, etc.)
- Simultaneously working on multiple projects; multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Quickly switching contexts
- Independently planning and managing your work
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and other design elements related to web applications
Why Work at Fields of View
- We pride ourselves in building a collaborative and open environment around our work in building tools for inclusive public policy. This is your chance to become an addition to our coveted multidisciplinary team, that houses individuals from different backgrounds scaling from Journalism to Game Design to Law.
- We have collaborations with Indian and international universities, and you get access to cutting edge research in data and policy.
- Depending on your interest, you will contribute to research papers that will be published in major journals.
- Your work will contribute to real-world applications in addressing social problems.
Rs. 63,250 per month
How To Apply
If this sounds interesting or exciting to you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, your portfolio and a thoughtful cover letter stating why you want to work with us in this role.
- We will review your application and, upon shortlisting it, set up a quick phone call. The phone call acts as a good way to introduce yourself and for us to let you know a bit more about our work.
- Having successfully gone through the phone call stage, we will provide you with an assignment. The assignment will involve a cross section of the kind of work you'll do with us. You take as much time as you want to complete the assignment, but we've noted that it takes on average about 7 days to finish.
- If we like your approach to the assignment, we invite you to spend two days with us. You can pepper us with more questions and get to know the rest of the team. You will also be provided a follow-up task to be performed during those 2 days. Once this is done, and if you like us and we like you, we will extend an offer within a week's time.
- Fields of View is a non-profit organisation.
- The position is based in Bangalore
- Our office is in JP Nagar, close to Rangashankara