Work with us
Full Stack Developer
As the full-stack-developer you are expected to develop web-apps and user interfaces for various tools and applications such as games and simulations that are based on requirements of the projects at FoV. The nature of our work means that projects span from complex simulations to data heavy interfaces to lightweight web apps. It would be of benefit if you have a voracious appetite for reading and imbibing the latest research and techniques along with the ability to quickly adapt.
- Designing, developing and documenting Django/Python or Ruby or Rails based web apps for our simulations and other policy related tools
- Developing high fidelity components that interface with various data sources for our digital games
- Developing single and multiple dimension visualisation tools
- Involved in testing (using manual and/or automated means) our simulations and games
- Basics of D3.js and HighCharts
- Basic administration of a Linux server (Ubuntu/Debian)
- Manage package updates
- User management
- Disc management
- Installing DBMS applications
- Manage Apache + Nginx system remotely
- Hosting new websites
- Configuration for using SSL
- Modifying server name
- Deploy and manage Django/Rails applications
Why Work at Fields of View
- We have collaborations with Indian and international universities, and you get access to cutting edge research in data and policy.
- Depending on your interest, you will contribute to research papers that we have published in major journals.
- Your work will contribute to applications in addressing social problems.
- The portfolio of projects done at Fields of View have paved the way for our colleagues to pursue Masters/Phd courses.
The Application Process
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a few words about why you want to work with us. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will review your application and setup a quick phone call. The phone call acts as a good way to introduce yourself and for us to let you know a bit more about our work. This call will be followed up with an assignment.
The assignment will involve a cross section of the kind of work you'll do with us — from research to drawing up a quick concept note to actually coding. You take as much time as you want to complete the assignment, but we've noted that it takes on average about 7 days to finish.
If we like your approach to the assignment (and your code sample), we invite you to spend a day with us. You can pepper us with more questions and get to know the rest of the team. Once this is done, and if you like us and we like you, we will extend an offer within 3 days.
- Fields of View is a non-profit organisation.
- The position is based in Bangalore
- Our office is in JP Nagar, close to Rangashankara