Work with us
Transportation Policy Researcher
At Fields of View, we design games and simulations to help make better public policy. One of our focus areas is transportation policy, where our focus is to explore sustainable choices for transportation. Our approach is to use gaming-simulations and generative simulations in the domain of transportation, and there is significant new research being developed in this area.
The transport policy researcher at Fields of View will be required to be comfortable with traditional transport techniques as well as the latest in software and simulation tools. It is also expected that the researcher will be able to work with raw data and will be capable of designing and developing tools based on the new research, by working with the FoV team.
Fields of View is an interdisciplinary group - therefore, the researcher is expected to work with people from diverse backgrounds. The transport researcher will be working on multiple projects - therefore, ability to switch contexts, and deliver according to timelines is a must.
We are a not-for-profit research organisation and the position is based in Bangalore. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
For details of remuneration and any other information, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
- Experience with one transportation simulation tool: TRANSIM, TRANSCAD, MATSIM, SUMO, CUBE
- Proficiency in GIS tools, QGIS
- Ability to work with UNIX / Linux with ease
- Databases PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Scripting: BASH/Python/Perl
- Technical writing, ability to produce journal articles and technical reports.
Bonus points for:
- Being up-to- date with the latest technologies and concepts in transport policy.
- Working with additional simulation tools such as AnyLogic, NetLogo, etc.
- Ability to develop using high level languages such as JAVA, C#, C++
- Python / Perl