Work with us
Energy Policy Researcher
At Fields of View, we design games and simulations to help make better public policy. One of our focus areas is energy policy. Our approach is to use gaming-simulations and generative simulations in the domain of energy, and there is significant new research being developed in this area
The energy policy researcher at Fields of View will be required to be comfortable with traditional energy modelling techniques as well as the latest in software and simulation tools. It is also expected that the researcher will be able to work with raw data and will be capable of designing and developing tools based on the new research, by working with the FoV team.
Fields of View is an interdisciplinary group - therefore, the researcher is expected to work with people from diverse backgrounds. The energy policy researcher will be working on multiple projects - therefore, ability to switch contexts, and deliver according to timelines is a must.
We are a not-for-profit research organisation and the position is based in Bangalore. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
For details of remuneration and any other information, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
- Being up-to- date with the latest technologies and concepts in energy policy.
- Working with simulation tools such OSeMOSYS (Energy Modeling System), Energy Performance Indicator (EnPIv4.0), LEAP, Earth Analytics by SmartFootprint extension of ArcGIS, AnyLogic, NetLogo, etc. or open source alternatives.
- Technical writing, ability to produce journal articles and technical reports.
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in GIS tools such as QGIS, GRASS, ArcGIS, etc.
- Ability to work with databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL