Highlights of December 2017:
- Students from Massey University, New Zealand visited FoV. Shambhavi and Vaibhav presented FoV's work, after which a Rubbish game session was conducted by Anirudh.
- Harish and Vaibhav attended the 'Water and You - Bangalore's Future?’ - A Transformative Scenario Planning workshop held from 5-6 December 2017 at IIHS, Bangalore,in which different civil society groups had to come up with different future scenarios concerning water resources in Bangalore for the year 2030.
- A planning workshop was conducted for the government officials in Chennai under the project - ‘A Platform for Integrated Governance In Metropolitan Chennai: Developing Resilience Scenarios and Strategies through Participatory Simulations' on 14th and 15th December, 2017. This project is a collaboration between the Tamil Nadu State Land-Use Board; CUBE, IIT-Madras; Okapi India and Fields of View.
- Bharath was one of the panel speakers at the TECH 2017: 'Digital Pedagogies for Building Peaceful and Sustainable Societies Conference' where he discussed about games as learning tools. The conference was organised by UNESCO-MGIEP and was held on 16th and 17th December, 2017.
- Anirudh conducted a Rubbish! game session for school children at a school run by the Parikrma Humanity Foundation on 18th December, 2017.
Highlights of January 2018:
- Shambhavi and Anirudh attended a workshop on the status of water resources in Bangalore - 'Rethinking Bengaluru's Water, Wastewater and Lakes' Workshop organised by ATREE on 19th December, 2017.
- A City Game session was conducted for the Masters' students of public policy at the National Law School, Bangalore, by Sruthi and Vaibhav.
- At a national conference for women journalists conducted by Network of Women in Media, India (NWMI), Sruthi and Vaibhav conducted a data visualisation workshop for women journalists in Chennai on 5th December, 2018.
- A planning workshop was conducted for the government officials in Chennai under the project - ‘A Platform for Integrated Governance In Metropolitan Chennai: Developing Resilience Scenarios and Strategies through Participatory Simulations' on 23rd and 24th January, 2018. This project is a collaboration between the Tamil Nadu State Land-Use Board; CUBE, IIT-Madras; Okapi India and Fields of View.
Highlights of February 2018:
- For the fifth consecutive year, Fields of View has been featured in the Global Go To Think Tank Index Report by the University of Pennsylvania that ranks public policy research organisations worldwide in the ‘Best New Idea or Paradigm developed by a Think Tank’ category as well as in the list of Top Think Tanks in "China, India, Japan, and the Republic of Korea”. You can access the report here.
- Harish and Anirudh attended the launch of the Bangalore Urban Innovation Challenge on 7th February 2018. It is a competition being organised by the University of Chicago in partnership with the Government of Karnataka to tap grassroots creativity and expertise to identify innovative ideas for addressing the most pressing environmental and energy challenges in Bangalore.
- We had our Annual Planning Meeting beginning from 9th to 13th of February 2018 in the serene precincts of Pallakadavu Varium, a homestay situated at Kattikulam in Kerala.
- Fields of View celebrated its sixth anniversary on the 10th of February, 2018.
- Sruthi was one of the panel speakers in the CityScripts event organised by IIHS on 17th February 2018. In addition to this, Sruthi, Shambhavi, Vaibhav, Abraham, and Hifzur conducted a game session of ‘Made to Order’ at the same event.
- The FoV team